Common Sense Precautions to Protect Yourself
Before You Sign a Contract with any home improvement contractor, find out the following information and facts:
- Years in Service — How long has the contractor has been in business?
- References. Ask for names of previous customers and follow up by calling them to find out what type of work was performed.
- Call Better Business Bureau — Find out if contractor is a member. Find out if there have been any complaints against the contractor, and if so, whether they were resolved and how.
- Recent Jobs — Ask to see recently completed work; a gallery or portfolio shows the typical roof styles the contractor is familiar with working.
- Quality Assurance — Is the contractor licensed and bonded?