Here are a few Contractor Tips or things to do BEFORE signing a contract with a Home Improvement Center
- Find out how long the contractor has been in business.
- Ask the Contractor for references. Get the names of previous customers, and call them to find out what type of work was performed.
- Contact the Better Business Bureau to find out if the contractor is an Accredited Member. If they are, what is the rating? Ask if there have been any complaints about the contractor, and if so, were they resolved and how?
- Ask to see recently completed jobs.
- Find out if the Contractor is licensed and bonded.